About the Congress
The II Congress on Mental Health: Meeting the Needs of the XXI Century follows the success and continues the traditions of the I Congress on Mental Health that resulted in delivering 11 scientific events, 165 scientific reports, publication of the Collection of scientific papers from different areas of scientific knowledge in the mental health fields and development of the Declaration. 700 experts representing 33 countries introduced their commitment and priority tasks in the field of protection of people's mental health.
Established on the initiative of the Russian NGOs uniting psychiatrists, psychotherapists, psychologists, teachers, lawyers, social workers, distinguished personalities from the world of culture and sport, and with the support of the Government of the Russian Federation, the Congress presented a practical regional model for effective collaboration in the field of mental health.
Having been recognized and supported by the international professional organizations including the World Psychiatric Association (WPA), the World Association for Psychosocial Rehabilitation (WAPR), the European Psychiatric Association (EPA), the World Council for Psychotherapy (WCP), the Action for Mental Health (AMH), the International Association on Social Security (ISSA), the Asian Federation for Psychotherapy (AFP), the Fédération Française de Psychothérapie et Psychanalyse, and the others, the Congress has created an interdisciplinary and intersectoral dialogue platform to discuss the ways of improving mental health at a global scale.
The theme of the II Congress will be “Mental Health and Education”. No doubt that education occupies a special place in solving especially complex problems of an ever-changing world, with the preservation of mental health of each individual and humanity at the forefront. Education is the driving force, which promotes the development of spiritual forces, abilities and skills that enable a person to cope with the normal stresses of life; forms qualities that help in adapting to the dynamic nature of the ever-changing world; provides opportunities for personal and professional growth. In short, education is the primary means of transmitting both traditional as well as new knowledge, skills and values of mental health, which are the basis for general health and wellbeing.
Therefore, the II Congress will focus on the development of an educational environment favorable to maintaining mental health and well-being. To achieve these goals the Congress will provide a unique forum to review the evidence and discuss the contents of education about mental health as well as methods that could be used to make educational effort productive and attractive through interdisciplinary, inter-institutional and inter-sectoral collaboration and cooperation.
- To discuss the most important educational needs in the field of mental health, as well as to search for optimal solutions to develop and improve educational services.
- To present the different cultural-based educational approaches in the field of mental health which grant the opportunity to different cultural groups to share their experiences and valuable achievements.
- To discuss the issues involved in the training and retraining of professionals in the field of mental health.
- To present the best educational and training practices in mental health.
- Leading experts (both scientists & practitioners) in the fields of public health, psychiatry, psychotherapy, psychology, narcology, social security, politics, science and education, culture and arts, physical fitness and sport, economics & law, and internal affairs;
- Leaders of national governments representing ministries or departments in the fields of healthcare, labor and social security, science and education, culture and arts, physical fitness and sport, economics & law, and internal affairs;
- Business & community sectors leaders (including NGOs and voluntary organizations);
- Volunteers in psychiatry.
Current education in the field of mental health is multifaceted and includes many different levels. This is due to the philosophical nature of the problem related to the fundamental aspects of human life. Therefore, the II Congress will convene experts from various spheres of public health, psychiatry & psychotherapy, psychology & gerontology, occupational labor & social security, science & education, art & culture, sport & physical fitness, economics & law as well as government, business & community sectors leaders to discuss the most important educational needs in the field of mental health, as well as to search for optimal solutions to develop and improve educational services.
The II Congress on Mental Health: Meeting the Needs of the XXI Century has the great honor to be co-sponsored by the major global professional organizations including the World Psychiatric Association (WPA), the World Association of Social Psychiatry (WASP), the World Association for Psychosocial Rehabilitation (WAPR), the World Council for Psychotherapy (WCP), the Action for Mental Health (AMH), the Autism Europe, the International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics-European Region (IAGG-ER) - Clinical Section, the International Society for Logotherapy and Existential Analysis, and the others.